What is Own Art?
Own Art is a national scheme that makes buying art easy and affordable by letting you spread the cost of your purchase over 10 months with an interest free loan. All art in the gallery over £100 by living artists is eligible, so why not buy something you love today from as little as £10 per month?
How much can I borrow?
Own Art loans are available from as little as £100 up to a maximum of £2,500 repayable in either 10 or 20 monthly instalments. For buying something more valuable you can use an Own Art loan as a part payment. All Own Art loans are completely interest free so the amount you borrow is all you need to pay back.
How do I apply?
Applying for an Own Art loan is easy. All UK residents over the age of 18, either in work or receiving a pension, are eligible. Just tell us that you'd like to apply for an Own Art loan, and we'll take you through the process. All you need is proof of identity, and it only takes about 10 minutes.
Own Art FAQs
Want to know more? Please find everything you need to know on the Own Art website FAQs page here.
The affordable way to Own Art..
Own Art is not available from artists direct, only through galleries, museums and other organisations that have been approved as registered members of the scheme.
All of our contemporary artwork is included in the scheme, including paintings, sculpture, photography, limited edition prints, jewellery, glass, ceramics and multi media works - provided they’re created by a living artist.
- Available to UK residents who are over 18, and in work or receiving a pension
- Completely interest free for the entire duration of the plan
- Borrow any amount from £100 up to £2,500
- Minumum repayment of £10 per month
- Repay Own Art loans over 10 or 20 equal monthly installments
- Framing and delivery costs can be inlcuded in your loan
- No fees for paying off your Own Art loan earlier than planned